May – August 2013 (1st reporting period)
During the first 4months of the project, e-F+TN partners have initiated and implemented a number of major preparatory activities under GA1: Establishing the Virtual Fair Infrastructure, GA5: Visibility of the Action & GA6: Management and Coordination of the Action. Specifically:
- The project kick-off meeting has been carried out. A detailed work allocation and scheduling of the project activities have been elaborated.
- The guidelines – methodology and templates for the Needs Analysis have been produced, while overall 36 interviews with enterprises (SMEs) and enterprise-support organisations have been made.
- A positive result is the feedback that partners received from the interviews and contacts with the target enterprises and enterprise-support associations. More specifically, target groups appear really interested in participating in the project activities and do recognise the value that Virtual Fairs can bring to them.
September – December 2013 (2nd reporting period)
Within the 2nd reporting period (Sept-Dec 2013) the e-F+TN partners have completed most of the major preparatory activities under GA1: Establishing the Virtual Fair Infrastructure. The consortium has also worked on GA5: Visibility of the Action and GA6: Management and Coordination of the Action. Specifically:
- The 2nd project meeting was held in Chisinau, Moldova (01/11/13). The project detailed time-schedule has been regularly updated to incorporate all required changes in the plans. Delays in the tender procedures have been overcome with various subcontracts signed.
- The National Needs Analysis Reports have been produced, while overall 76 interviews with enterprises (SMEs) and enterprise-support organisations have been made. The elaboration of the Synthesis of Needs Report has started and is expected to be completed early January 2014.
- The detailed specifications for the project website and the VF-Platform have been produced and the relevant call for tender will be published within January 2014.
- Initial visibility activities have been continued including in total 6 appearances in bulletins and 5 in the partners’ websites. The domain name of the project website has been registered and relevant specifications have been elaborated.
- Intraregional visibility activities are in the planning stage and will be fully deployed as the VF-Platform will be developed.
January – April 2014 (3rd reporting period)
Work during this period has focused on the development of the web-platform of the project, through which the virtual trade fairs will be organised. The e-F+TN website has been gone public (http://www.virtualfairs.eu/en/) to provide information and news on the project. Furthermore, project partners have agreed to an initial indicative time-schedule for carrying out the project’s virtual events.
May – August 2014 (4th reporting period)
The major project activities and progress during the 4th reporting period include the following:
The 1st version of the project’s web-platform has been produced. The platform has been tested by e-F+TN partners and initial feedback has been given to the developers. Further distance training has been performed.
The 3rd project meeting was held in Thessaloniki, Greece (06/06/14) to assess project progress and plan activities for the following months. One day earlier, the major project training on the e-F+TN web-platform has been performed.
The time-schedule for the project virtual events has been updated and the 1st event (a virtual presence event) has been fixed: It will be organised by the Bulgarian Partner between 29/09 and 04/10/14.